Recent MA Graduates
Below are examples of recent placements from the M.A. in Philosophy and Social Policy. This degree is excellent preparation for a J.D. or Ph.D., and every 2015 M.A. graduate that applied for a Ph.D. in philosophy received at least one fully funded offer. In addition to pursuing further study, graduates of our program have taken positions including working for members of the United States Congress, positions in state and local government, and positions with think-tanks, lobbying firms, foundations, environmental groups, and non-profit organizations.
- Peter Andes (MA, 2015) is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Philosophy at University of Alberta.
- Maggie Taylor (MA, 2015) is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Philosophy at University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Henock Tessemma (MA, 2015) is a Ph.D. student in the graduate program in Social, Political, Ethical, and Legal Philosophy at SUNY Binghamton.
- Greg Boison (MA, 2015) is Director of Homeland & Cyber Security at Lockheed Martin.
- Greg Dolin (MA, 2014) is Associate Professor of Law and Co-Director of the Center for Law and Medicine at the University of Baltimore School of Law.
- Olwen Jaffe (MA, 2013) is a J.D. Candidate at University of Wisconsin Law School.
- Nicole Barrett (MA, 2012) is a Senior Brand Manager at 2U.
- Blair Feldman (MA, 2011) is a Budget Analyst at NIH.
- Robert Goodman (MA, 2011) is pursuing a Ph.D. in Political Science at Columbia University.
- Chelsea Allinger (MA, 2010) is Director of Communications and Development at Center for Community Progress.
- Ndidi Nwaneri (MA, 2010) is pursuing a Ph.D. in Social and Political Philosophy at Loyola University of Chicago and is a Member of the Executive Board at International Development Ethics Association (IDEA).
- Natalie Davis (MA, 2009) is a Senior Advisor to the Administrator at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Jessica Landers Hopkins (MA, 2009) is a Leadership Development/Talent Management Consultant at Exelon.
- Jeannine Love (MA, 2007) earned a Ph.D. in Public Policy and Public Administration at GWU (2010) and is Assistant Professor of Public Administration at Roosevelt University.
- Marin Randall (MA, 2007) is a Principal Analyst in the Budget Analysis Division of the Congressional Budget Office.
- Sydney Prochazka (MA, 2006) is Director of Programs at Adopt A Class Foundation.
- Nicholas Read (MA, 2006) is a Research Analyst at the American Institutes for Research.
- Heather Higginbottom (MA, 1999) serves in the Obama Administration as U.S. Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources. She is the first female to serve as Deputy Secretary and has held several other positions within the Obama Administration.